Thursday 5 January 2012

Hey! It's been a while...

I am embarassed to admit it has been something like 6 weeks since my last post on the blog.  Originally I was very busy trying to make some hand made gifts for my four children for Christmas so didn't have time for any new crafts to post, then it turned into a bit of a health saga - long story short, I have had psoriasis since my teens but always manageable - for some reason in mid-December I had the mother of all flare-ups and I went from a couple of patches on my torso to full on, 100% coverage, which is where I still am right now.  Anyhow, am waiting for a dermatologist appointment and have decided to try to pull myself out of the doldrums and have a positive outlook - and hopefully start crafting again!

I never did get the gifts finished for my kids, and think they are more likely to be Valentine or Easter gifts now!  I did get one finished, for my daughter, so am posting some pictures for you to have a look at.  Her name is "Miss Bitsy" because she is made up from bits of my daughters out-grown clothes - geddit?


She is entirely hand sewn using t-shirts, jammies, jeans, wool sweaters, dresses and trousers.


She took a LONG time to make!!



above is a close up of her tummy...


and this is her back.

Due to the length of time she took me to complete, I decided that for my three boys, the pattern would be simplified - instead of seperate arms and legs, they are more along the "cut two pieces the same shape and sew around the edges" ilk - I have all pieces cut and have begun sewing, and hope to share them with you at some point soon!

Incidentally, the other three are to be called "Patches", "Scrapper" and "Piece, Man" (my eldest son's favoute saying) - all along the same lines as "Miss Bitsy"!

I hope to be back blogging on a regular(ish) basis from now on, so please come back and see me soon!

Nikki x

Link with

Blue Cricket Design - Show and Tell!
Not Just a Housewife 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday No. 95 
The Girl Creative - Just Something I Whipped Up 
Skip to my Lou - Made by you Monday 
Chic on a Shoestring - Flaunt it Friday No. 86 
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday 
Lovely Crafty Weekend #54 
504 Main - Tickled Pink No. 80 
Thirty Handmade Days - Pity Party #69 
Kojo Designs - Friday Fun Finds 
Fingerprints on the Fridge - Feature Yourself Friday 
Its a Hodgepodge Life - Hodgepodge Friday

5 comments:

  1. I think a tail would look great on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought of a tail for her, but I definitely have a tail planned for "Patches" the monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet - I love the thought of doing more than just keeping favorite old outfits in a bin in the attic! I pinned it ;)

    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cameron! I agree, it's so hard to store all the clothes you can't bear to part with, this way you can keep a little of each on display, and also for cuddles! Thanks for pinning me, I think that is my first pin ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling idea- thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.