Friday 14 October 2011

Pumpkin Carving

I think it's a little early to carve this years pumpkins, so would like to share the pumpkins I carved last year! 

We had 5 last year, as myself and each of the kids planted a pumpkin seed at a local farm in June, then went back to collect our haul in September.  We decided to do something a bit different than normal, and we all chose something for our pumpkin before I got to work.

A bat...


A whole bunch of love hearts...


Spiderman...


As for the last two (belonging to me and my eldest son), well I must confess that we are pretty big Doctor Who geeks, so we both chose something Who related.

The 11th Doctor's logo for my son...


and finally, a Dalek for me - he looks very cool in the dark, you'll see further down in the post ;O)


I took some pictures with the lights off and the pumpkins lit with candles on the inside - please excuse the picture quality, when I took these last year I wasn't expecting to be blogging about them at some point!








And all of them together!


I knew Doctor Who would be mentioned on this blog sooner rather than later, and probably not for the last time...

I wonder what ideas we will come up with for this years pumpkins?  Watch this space to find out in the next week or so!

Nikki x

Linked with

The Tablescraper - Seasonal Sundays #70

1 comment:

  1. Awesome carving. Hope you'll bring your post to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.