Sunday 23 October 2011

a twist on the Perpetual Calendar

Just a quick, picture lite post today - and completely non-Halloween related!

I am a big fan of Bon Temps Beignet and loved one of Liz's recent posts for making a perpetual calendar from a picture frame.

Now, the last thing I need in my house is another calendar having ordered one myself for 2011 and we received several more as gifts.  However, I decided to alter the idea slightly and voila!  Now I have a great way to keep track of the kids' school activities and after school bits and pieces too!


If I could change one thing, I think I should have used papers with a bit more contrast, and may re-do it at some point.

It won't have to be adjusted too much during the school year, and if I do need to change anything, I find a cotton wool ball and some nail polish remover is a great eraser (I used a sharpie for all the writing)!  I have this in my kitchen so I can see at a glance each morning who needs gym gear, when homework is due back and when I have to hunt for the kids' library books!

AND it looks so much better than the limp piece of paper which I had stuck to my kitchen wall with all this info last year ;O)
Thanks for a great idea Liz!

Nikki x

Linked with

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great way to stay organized!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - it makes my mornings much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.